Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fur Babies

Just to cut to the chase...I haven't had a period since September 10th. 8 weeks pregnant? Not so much. 567,847 home pregnancy tests and 1 blood test later all I know is my little self is learning to wait. But anyway we could ponder what is up with my period, or total lack of, all day. But let's not.

This is my friend Brittany. We have alot of things in common. We both married our high school sweethearts, work in the women's center at Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center, and we have a soft place in our hearts for reading, big diamonds, SUVs, thick mascara, the Cardinals, and Coach purses. AND neither one of us is a mom.

But that's not all folks! The other night at work Brittany was visiting my nurses station on Postpartum from her home in the nursery. As always we were laughing and talking waaaay longer than we should have been, after all we do have people and babies to see after. We inadvertently launched our selves into a 30 minute conversation about our pets : Lexi, Levi, and Talulah.  We compared eating habits, sleeping patterns, vet appointments, how we chose their names, the first time we saw their little faces, etc etc.

Meanwhile there is a perfectly sane nurse sitting with drool running down her face from boredom. SHE has 4 kids, now she has a dog too. I found this out only after I asked her, because she has children to brag about. Unlike Britt Britt and me who are just pitiful losers who shower our motherly nurturing on our fur babies..  I had an "aha!" moment right then. I'll just sit tight for right now in the situation God has put me in. He knows what he is doing. And I'll love Talulah Bysshye Hollowell: my first baby, my fur baby.


Maybe by the next time I blog I will have a real life. Pray for me y'all, I'm being calm. I just don't know how long it will last.
Peace, Love, & Fur Babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment