Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Georgia's Cuisine

Georgia is quickly approaching 18 months old, and her appetite is growing! She was very slow and particular when I was introducing solids, and I am glad to see her coming around. I don't feed her all organic, but when organic is an available option that's what I go with.  I'm trying to do my best to instill in her a preference for healthy and wholesome. 
Right now she drinks water with meals.  Some times I put a little juice in her water. I've given her juice more frequently in the past, but I was given water often as a tot and today I love it! I'm glad I don't have a preference for a sweet or carbonated drink. Hopefully G will too!  
My focus right now is offering her variety and I'm always looking for ideas.  I'm also trying to give her what we eat more often, I don't want to find myself cooking  for the big people and then cooking another separate meal to accommodate a picky eater. 
 I thought I would take some pictures of her food because 1) things like this thrill me 2) maybe it can give some other moms ideas 3) to help me remember 4) her food looks so darn cute! 

Lunch Gerber pick ups chicken and carrot ravioli, Colby jack cheese, Cheerios, and Plum Organics teensy fruit peaches. 
Supper A successful trail in eating the big people menu! Chicken Alfredo, garlic cheddar biscuit, carrots. 
Breakfast Pancakes and apple banana sauce. 
Breakfast scrambled cheesy organic egg and pancakes 
Lunch Nuggets (all white meat, no biproduct, no hormones, steroids, preservatives or fillers) cucumbers tossed in ranch, bananas. 
Lunch Annie's rice pasta and cheddar macaroni and cheese, freeze dried strawberries and bananas, Annie's organic pretzels. 
Lunch (seems I only remember to photograph lunch) Gerber organic chicken and carrot ravioli pasta pick ups, blueberries, cottage cheese, Annie's organic pretzels. 
Lunch Hebrew National hotdog (100% kosher beef, no biproduct or fillers) tossed in BBQ sauce, Colby Jack cheese, freeze dried apples. 
Lunch: Annie's cheddar squares topped with Wild Garden hummus dip, chicken flavored rice (grown up supper leftovers) freeze dried apples and Plum Organics peach teensy fruit. 
Lunch Colby Jack cheese, Cheerios, animal cracker, and Gorton's fish sticks.  Fish sticks might not be the greatest thing ever but I was craving some, and what childhood is complete without fish sticks?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment