Sunday, July 8, 2012

Breathe easier...maybe

We made it to our 12 week milestone! It was such an exciting day for me. In a normal pregnancy, you are in somewhat of a safe zone and the risk of miscarriage drops dramatically. Didn't shake my nerves though. I'm not dumb, my blood still clots too much and I still don't metabolize folic acid...among other worries. But we praised God on our baby's 12 week gestational birthday!
Proud daddy! I thank God everyday for this guy. He is my steadiness, so perfect for me.
Happy Momma!

As our luck would go, that day of supposed to be relief I started spotting. I have told hundreds of pregnant girls that some spotting in pregnancy is normal, but whole different ballgame when you are the patient. I worried as I continued to spot for the next few days. But luckily I'm and psycho and I had purchased a fetal heart monitor online and I was able to listen to HHBH's heartbeat everyday and give myself some peace of mind.  I had some weird irrational fear that since I had facebook announced my pregnancy, that it was doomed. The night we put our announcement photo on facebook, I was so nervous I couldn't eat supper. Ever need anybody to worry about something, call me.

We're expecting a blessing!


At my next doctor's appointment my ultrasound showed that the bottom portion of my placenta is a little low, close to my cervix. This would account for my spotting. But for now nothing to worry about! (Yeah right, I will find something to fret over.)  What my ultrasound ALSO showed was the gender of our baby. We had the doctor write the gender in an card that we sealed in an envelope. I gave the card to my best friend and HHBH's godmother, Caleigh, on her birthday for safekeeping. The next day we had a gender reveal party for our families. Caleigh was the only person who knew the gender, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. She is an extension of me, this was so special to both of us.

Another answered prayer!


Okay I can't lie, I prayed for my baby to be a girl. And I felt selfish every time I did. I know I would have loved a momma's boy too, but my heart was longing for a little girl. It is no secret I didn't have a typical household growing up and I wanted more than anything to have a daughter/mother relationship. I am so over the moon that I will get to experience that, more than I could ever even try to put into words.

My, I mean OUR, little girl!


In my next post, which will HOPEFULLY be in the next few days, I'm gonna turn HHBH's name loose on the technological world. Stay tuned, it's perfect.

Peace, Love, & Sugar and spice and everything nice. 

1 comment:

  1. I will keep you in my prayers. You deserve the best.

    ReplyDelete